Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Words fail me.

Not really. You know me better than that, right? But I don't have many, because I am beyond tired of this rollercoaster.

I did not close a week ago.

I am not closing this week.

I probably won't close next week.

Every time I get to the day before closing, something else strangely pops up, which then takes a week to schedule the fix and another week to file the paperwork.

The mortgage industry caused this mess, and the rules that they suddenly are insistent upon following are making it worse. Or should I say, the rules are fine. Great. Put those "fixes" in place, shut that gate now that the horse is out. But don't tell me for ONE LOUSY MINUTE that you didn't know these things were coming and couldn't do one last little thing to be prepared for them until the day before I'm supposed to close.

I thought I was at the end of my rope a few weeks ago. I think I'm down to the last few strands. And I can't wait to think about something other than this house...which was supposed to be an exciting event, especially as I'm doing this with MY money, on MY terms (I thought), to start this new chapter in MY life. I've been on hold for so long now; I hope I haven't lost momentum permanently.

4 comments:

Marcy said...

I hate to say it, but is it time to cut and run? Or can you even do that?

Barb said...

It's an option. I could back out, and lose about $1000 on the deal, between two appraisals and a structural inspection. But I haven't ruled it out.

Fujiyamamama said...

This is absolutely beyond ridiculous! I thought we'd be reading the good news by now. What is up with those people? Do we need to make some voodoo dolls????
(((hugs))) I hope you get everything sorted out soon.

Barb said...

Voodoo dolls! I hadn't even thought about them. Couldn't hurt. Might help...