1. Facebook. Uh-oh. This will be a huge time-sink if you aren't careful. It's wonderful, though, isn't it?
2. The attic: good for you. Get some more stuff out of there and get RID of it. Mitzie won't touch the scratching post, right? Give it away already. The boys across the hall at school will like the cars, too. No one has touched them since you moved almost two years ago. No need to keep them.
3. Grandma's sewing machine: yes, it still works, but it sounds like...well, it doesn't sound happy to be working. It may be just cold from being in the attic, but if you want to get rid of it, it's OK. Grandma never liked it, and that's why she gave it to you. She wouldn't want you to keep something that doesn't work just because it was hers for about two weeks before she got one she preferred. It is in no way, shape, or form, an heirloom.
4. Backing into your parking spot: al-RIGHT! You can do it, and it might help keep the driver's side door from freezing shut. (My spot is right next to the house.) It might also help keep you from backing into someone else coming down the alley when you leave in the morning. This is a good thing.
5. Re-read your header. It says, "If it's not fun, why do it?" Your blog posts have not exactly been reflective of this. You sound a little like you're on a forced march. Find the fun again. LOOK for it and you will find it. If you need to do what you need to do right now, at least make the best of it. Look at it as self-preservation. And then writing about it will be fun, too. You're on the right track. Pay a little more attention and you'll be there.