Saturday, April 25, 2009

Please Send Good Vibes. Dog breath ones preferred.

Not specifically for the house thing this time, as the post title infers, but those are of course appreciated.

This is for my dog. Or should I say, one of the dogs my former husband and I shared until we split up. He kept the dogs; I kept the cats. We adopted two dalmatian-mixes, a brother and sister who we named George and Gracie, through a rescue organization. Long story short, when he moved across the country, he surrendered them back to the organization, as is their policy. Unfortunately, he didn't tell me he was going to do it. I found out later through mutual friends. George and Gracie were very attached.

Since I'm going to have space again, I'm really looking forward to having a dog again. So I surfed around a little bit this morning, looking at rescue organizations for different breeds. That's a cause I firmly believe in, that I won't get into now except to say, keep an eye on the Portuguese Water Dog rescues in the near future. I figured it wouldn't hurt to check out the one we used.

George is on their front page. He hasn't been adopted, but Gracie was. They've been split up. I am HEARTBROKEN. When we picked them up, I rode in the backseat of the car with them, George on one side, Gracie on the other, both their heads in my lap.

It would appear that George potentially has a placement, but the website was unclear about when that might happen. I have sent both emails and voice mails begging to have him back. He had to have surgery on a rear leg, and the bill hasn't been paid. I don't care. I will pay it, and whatever else I need to do. I want him back. He's my boy. Please put a good thought towards this if you should get a minute.

I wish I knew how to contact my ex now, because I would rip him a new one. Perhaps it's better that I don't.

1 comment:

Fujiyamamama said...

Poor George! I will keep my fingers crossed for you, I hope you get him back.